Agency: Oregon State Library
Salary Range: $4,331 - $6,645
Position Type: Employee
Position Title: Web Services Librarian
Opportunity Awaits, Apply Today! – Web Services Librarian
As the Web Services Librarian, you will primarily be responsible for coordinating the Government Information and Library Services division’s online presence in support of state government. You’ll provide technical expertise for the integration and support of user-facing library systems and applications. Examples of this work include organizing and developing web-based resources and services and supporting the library’s integrated library system (ILS).
Essential work in this position also includes providing reference and information services to library patrons from state agencies and the public. For a full review of the position duties, details, and working conditions, please see the position description.
What We Are Looking For
We seek a collaborative self-starter with a master’s in library science (MLS) or equivalent degree from an American Library Association accredited institution and experience in one or more subject disciplines, as well as:
- Communication & Coordination - Communicate at the professional level with experience providing high-quality written communications; explain and apply rules, standards, policies, and procedures; present information clearly.
- Collaboration & Teamwork - Help teammates navigate through system and organizational changes effectively and positively; work independently with little oversight, as well as in teams.
- Professionalism & Strong Work Ethic - Work with individuals of diverse working styles and backgrounds and tactfully gain cooperation of others; continuously learn and develop skills in a changing work environment; utilize excellent conflict management, diplomatic communication, and consulting skills.
- Research & Analysis – Perform research and answer reference inquiries; gather and evaluate relevant statistics; work with physical and online government information and documents.
- Accessibility & Usability - Apply web content accessibility standards; assess and improve patron experience via analytics and usability testing; maintain awareness and knowledge of contemporary design, coding, and accessibility standards; create and maintain appropriate documentation.
- Library Technology Integration - Improve cross-platform integration of online resources and services; support systems administration for hosted ILS and ILL systems, including SirsiDynix Symphony and ILLiad
About the State Library of Oregon
Our mission: The State Library of Oregon cultivates, preserves, and delivers library and information services to foster lifelong learning and community engagement.
The agency consists of four divisions focused on specialized services:
- Government Information and Library Services - Quality information services to assist state employees in the efficient performance of their jobs and in more effective decision making for state government.
- Library Support and Development Services - Leadership, grants, and other assistance to improve library service for all Oregonians.
- Operations - Agency’s administrative management functions such as board support, financial management, facilities management, volunteer management, information technology management, communications, and other administrative support services.
- The Oregon Talking Book and Braille Library - A free library for any Oregonian with a print disability, which includes visual, physical, and reading impairments.
Benefits of Joining Our Team
You will work with a great group of people who are dedicated to making Oregon a fantastic place to live, work, and play. This position is at the State Library of Oregon, located in Salem, Oregon.
Additional benefits include:
- Work/life balance, including options for a hybrid in-person/remote schedule.
- 11 paid holidays a year, with a competitive benefits package.
- Advancement and learning opportunities that will help grow your career with the State of Oregon.
- Get There - Oregon’s easy-to-use carpool matching tool and trip planner.
- Live, work, and play in Salem, Oregon.
How to Apply
- Current State of Oregon employees - you must apply through your employee Workday account. At the time of application, please attach your current cover letter and resume.
- External Applicants - Please visit Oregon Job Opportunities to submit your application for the position, which includes your current cover letter and resume.
After You Apply
- Log in to your Workday account before the job announcement closes to see if you have any pending tasks or actions, and make sure to complete these tasks or actions before the job announcement closes. These can be found under the “My Applications” section.
- Be sure to check both your email and Workday account for updates regarding this recruitment.
Additional Application Information
- Your candidate profile, cover letter, and resume are the perfect place to display your interest in the position and highlight the skills and experience you will bring, making you the best candidate for the position. Submissions are screened for consistency of information and communication skills at the professional level (attention to detail, spelling, grammar, etc.).
- Please save a copy of this job announcement for your reference, as it may not be available for you to view after the job closes. If you have questions about the job announcement, or need an alternate format to apply, please contact the Talent Acquisition Consultant, Phillip Peterkin at [email protected] | 971-701-1142
- If you are selected to move forward in this recruitment, please be aware that the hiring team may incorporate an assessment into the recruitment process. Additional details on the assessment will be sent to those who are eligible and selected to move forward.
- Eligible veterans who meet the qualifications will be given veterans' preference. For further information, please see the Veterans Resources website, or call Oregon Department of Veterans' Affairs at: 1-800-692-9666 NOTE: If claiming veterans’ preference please be sure to check your Workday account for pending tasks or actions under your “My Applications” section.
- Finalists will be subject to a computerized criminal history check. Adverse background data may be grounds for immediate disqualification.
Additional State HR Information
- The salary listed is the non-PERS qualifying salary range. If the successful candidate is PERS qualifying, the salary range will reflect an additional 6.95%. Please review the Classification and Compensation page for more details.
- Agency does not offer visa sponsorship. Within three days of hire, applicants will be required to complete I-9 documentation and confirm authorization to work in the United States. If your employment authorization and documentation is contingent on sponsorship now or in the future, you will not meet Agency employment eligibility standards.
- Agency employees are currently working remotely to the fullest extent possible due to the current health crisis. While working remotely, home internet connection and availability is required to perform duties appropriately. Remote working conditions are subject to change as necessary and/or required.
- This announcement is for one, full-time, SEIU represented, permanent, Web Services Librarian (Classification: Librarian) position, and may be used to fill future vacancies as they occur.
Helpful Links & Resources
Oregon Job Opportunities Webpage | How to Set Job Alerts
Workday Applicant FAQ | What You Need to Know to Get the Job
Pay Equity Information & Resources
The State Library of Oregon is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Committed to Workforce Diversity. At the State Library of Oregon, we embody the value of hiring a workforce representative of the communities we serve, understanding that a diverse workforce revitalizes our state. We value diversity and foster a positive and welcoming environment where all employees can thrive.