Working Title: Child and Youth Library Specialist
HOW TO APPLY
- Follow this link and click "Apply" at the bottom of the page. If you have questions about applying for jobs, contact the job information line at 651-259-3637.
In this role, you will create partnerships and design collaborative activities that improve the capacity of Minnesota's libraries to provide responsive and high quality programming to children and youth. Duties include:
- Administering state legislative grants such as the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund (ACHF) for regional public library systems;
- Developing and implementing partnerships with libraries, regional and multicounty multitype library systems, schools, nonprofit organizations, MDE divisions and other state agencies focused on children and youth, and advancing Five Year LSTA Plan goals and priorities;
- Managing statewide activities related to early literacy/youth initiatives in public and school libraries and community partners and developing activities that support libraries in implementing high quality early learning opportunities;
- Coordinating the State Library Services website so that the division's activities are communicated accurately.
*CURRENT permanent-classified MDE employees represented by MAPE who are eligible for interest bidding for the position should consult Article 16, Vacancies, Filling of Positions, Section 3, Job Posting and Interest Bidding, of their negotiated agreement. In order to be considered for the position as an interest bidder your application must be received by the "Closed for Bid" date listed above.*
- Master's degree or Bachelor's Degree in Library Science, Early Childhood, or Education.
- Three (3) years of professional library experience.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience in childrens' library setting
Who May Apply: Open to all qualified job seekers
Date Posted: 10/23/2019
Closing Date: 11/13/2019
Bid Open Date: 10/23/2019
Bid Close Date: 10/23/2019
Hiring Agency/Seniority Unit: Education Department / MDE-Central Office-MAPE
Division/Unit: Education-St Paul / State Library Services RV
Work Shift/Work Hours: Day Shift
Days of Work: M-F
Travel Required: No
Salary Range: $27.18 - $40.30/hourly; $56,751 - $84,146/annually
Classified Status: Classified
Bargaining Unit/Union: 214 - MN Assoc of Professional Empl/MAPE
FLSA Status: Exempt - Professional