Talking Book Service (TBS) Program Supervisor
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Boise, ID
Department: Idaho Commission for Libraries
HOW TO APPLY
To apply and read more information on the position, follow this link.
To provide direction, supervision and support for staff in planning and implementing the Talking Book Service. To conduct outreach with organizations sharing interests that align with those of the Talking Book Service. As a member of the Management Team, to provide leadership and guidance in defining how ICfL will fulfill its mission. This position requires some travel.
- Evaluate, mentor and coach staff job performance using current performance management practices.
- Hire and make staffing recommendations.
- Work with Talking Book Service staff to provide timely, quality service to those unable to read standard print.
- Identify and publicize resources other than the Talking Book Service to those unable to read standard print.
- Identify trends and opportunities for delivering information to those unable to read standard print.
- Work with local libraries to extend services to those unable to read standard print.
- Consult with and provide problem solving assistance to Idaho libraries on projects relating to services to underserved members of their communities.
- Identify funding opportunities to supplement program funding and follow up within Commission guidelines.
- Monitor grant projects.
- Contribute to meetings and projects of the Management Team and other work groups.
- Develop and make recommendations for plans, policies and guidelines.
- Assist with the development and review of agency strategic plan.
- Connect with other organizations to form appropriate relationships to support libraries, such as Commission for the Blind, Veteran Services, Idaho School for the Deaf and Blind, and others.
- Present at community groups or other locations to raise awareness about the Talking Book Service.
- Oversee and coordinate the work of the Talking Book Advisory Committee to better serve underserved groups and represent their work within the Idaho library community and to other stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively with ICfL staff to assess educational needs, develop, and present continuing education workshops to enhance the library community's and/or those in other organizations' ability to meet the information needs of underserved members of their communities
- Some knowledge of management practices.
- Experience: developing procedures and monitoring a budget; supervising staff; providing liaison with customer/provider groups; interpreting federal or state regulations
- Experience in the delivery of library services and/or developing community partnerships