Patron Services Manager
State of North Dakota
Salary: $4,475.00 monthly
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Bismarck, ND
Department: North Dakota State Library
CLOSING DATE TO APPLY: April 13, 2020
HOW TO APPLY
Complete and submit application through the state's online system. Paper applications will no longer be accepted.
Contact Cynthia Clairmont-Schmidt at 701-328-2492 or email@example.com for more information or accommodation or assistance in the application or interview process
SUMMARY OF WORK
- Plan, coordinate and evaluate all aspects of Patron Services Division which includes Interlibrary Loan, Talking Books, and Reference / Circulation departments. Manage administrative operations of the division.
- Communicate positively, efficiently and effectively in regard to the development and delivery of services as well as implementation of policies and procedures.
- Familiarity with multiple Integrated Library Systems (ILS).
- Supervise nine personnel within Patron Services Division; assisting with hiring, training, and evaluation processes for employees. Serve as backup support to library services desks, as necessary.
- Oversee collection development of physical and electronic materials.
- Collect and compile reports on department statistics and serve on the agency's Leadership Team.
- Approximately 10% of time may be spent in travel to attend professional development and training related opportunities
- MLIS degree from ALA accredited institution.
- 3 years of professional library work experience.
- 3 years of management experience.
- Possess valid driver's license.
- Ability to become certified as Notary Public and perform associated duties.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current and emerging trends in access, resource sharing and delivery services.
- Ability to develop plans and implement goals, objectives, policies and procedures for a major library division.
- Experience performing specific duties including: collection development, reader's advisory, working with multiple integrated library systems, and providing training assistance to staff and patrons investigating difficult or sensitive patron complaints and recommending solutions.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age or disability in employment or the provisions of services and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10