Florida Department of State - Continuing Education Consultant and Supervisor
Division of Library and Information Services, Bureau of Library Development
Posting Closing Date: 04/02/2021
For more information and to apply visit jobs.myflorida.com.
- Master’s degree (or higher) from an accredited college or university.
- Three (3) years of experience as a supervisor of library or other professional/paraprofessional staff.
- Three (3) years of experience planning, evaluating and presenting continuing education training.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite and online presentation software.
- A cover letter addressing the required knowledge, skills and abilities specified in the advertisement.
- Master’s degree from a program accredited by the American Library Association.
- Three (3) years of experience as a supervisor of library staff.
- Experience planning, evaluating and implementing continuing education training for library staff.
- Experience writing grants.
- Experience with grant and/or project management.
- Experience with a learning management system (LMS) and/or video editing.
Responses to qualifying questions must be clearly supported in your employment history.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Coordinates, manages, plans and implements continuing education and training opportunities for library staff throughout Florida. Liaises with Continuing Education staff of the Florida Multitype Library Cooperatives and other partners. Works with Division staff across all grant programs, and with external partners, to create interactive training modules, videos and online asynchronous courses. Facilitates access to this content through a learning management system (e.g., Moodle) and other online repositories. Provides live and online training, workshops and meetings. Identifies best practices, trends and issues in the continuing education arena. Ensures ADA compliance for Bureau content.
Supervises Bureau staff. Ensures that direct reports (and self) conform to all state and department rules and regulations.
Participates in the management and supervisory team of the Bureau. Manages a grant-funded program, writes and reviews grant applications and reports guided by the Bureau’s strategic plan. Participates in strategic plan development.
Coordinates development and implementation of the annual Public Library Directors Meeting. Provides consulting services to library administrators and staff, library board members and citizen supporters.
Performs other related duties as required.
- Experience with: Planning and conducting continuing education activities relating to libraries; grant and/or project management; online learning management systems; designing and developing online course modules; building partnerships; editing videos.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Three years’ minimum supervisory experience and three years’ minimum experience developing/delivering continuing education content.
- Software proficiency; Microsoft Office. LMS, Citrix or similar, & video editing.