Florida Department of State - Leadership Program Consultant
Division of Library and Information Services, Bureau of Library Development
Posting Closing Date: 04/05/2021
For more information and to apply visit jobs.myflorida.com.
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- At least three years of professional experience post-Master’s degree, developing and delivering management or leadership training.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, particularly Word and PowerPoint.
- Cover letter addressing the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Master’s degree in library science or similar from a program accredited by the American Library Association.
- Experience in developing and delivering management or leadership training for library staff.
- Experience in project administration.
- Experience writing grant applications.
Responses to qualifying questions must be clearly supported in your employment history.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Develops, coordinates, administers and evaluates the Sunshine State Library Leadership Institute. Develops and executes communications plans for this leadership program. Participates in the continued development and implementation of the program, in collaboration with external partners and vendors.
Provides consulting services to public library administrators and staff, governing officials, library board members, and citizen supporters to encourage best practices with respect to library leadership and succession planning. Liaises with grantees to manage associated projects.
Works in a team environment within the Bureau to plan and implement Bureau and Division activities, including library leadership opportunities; writes publications, grant applications and project reports. Efforts are consistent with the Division's strategic plan.
Performs other related duties as required. Ensures conformance to all state and departmental rules and regulations.
- Experience with: Creating curricula; face to face and online teaching; course evaluation; building partnerships
- 3 years’ experience developing/delivering management and/or leadership training
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft word and PowerPoint or Keynote
- Travel within the state one week per most months
- Must be able to lift at least 20 lbs.